It’s been a while since we arrived at an event and had to scan a trestle table for a name badge, which is no surprise when automated badge-printing kiosks do the sorting and printing. These mighty machines have made event registration, check-in, and badge collection easy and fast.
While badge-printing kiosks may appear to do one straightforward task, we find that our clients always have a range of specific needs for our multi-talented kiosks (and their human side kicks) to meet.
Professional Branding and Fast Processing
The Events: The Executive PA Summit and Miss Jones Expo
The Executive PA Summit and Miss Jones Expo, though distinct events, both cater to Executive and Personal Assistants, offering training, development, and networking opportunities.
The Executive PA Summit, a CPD-accredited annual event in Ireland, gathers members together for networking and educational speaker sessions. While The Miss Jones Expo expands attendees’ professional networks and skill sets with networking, competitions, and exhibitor visits.
Allow both events to maintain their distinct identities while offering a fast and efficient check-in and badge-printing solution so attendees for both events would spend less time in queues and more time enjoying the amazing content.
What We Did:
- Ensured each event had the right number of kiosks. Too few kiosks mean attendees can get held up in long lines; too many kiosks mean event organisers pay for something they don’t need. We worked with event organisers to understand anticipated attendee numbers, arrival patterns (e.g., will attendees show up at the same time or in stages?), reception area size, and any segmentation requirements (kiosks to process VIP entry, media etc).
- Managed the check-in and badge-printing area. Our onsite team were on-hand to support the check-in process, freeing up the organising team to focus their attention on the main event.
- Created on-point kiosk branding. The event kiosks needed to look the part! Our talented design team ensured that every kiosk was dressed in event branding, from on-screen graphics to colour-coded lanyard ribbons.
What They Said:
“Onsite support was fantastic. The CrowdComms team were immediately available to help with whatever we needed.”
Seamless Solution and Onsite Support
The Event: The UK Stroke Forum
The UK Stroke Forum, organised by the Stroke Association, is the UK’s largest multidisciplinary conference for stroke care professionals, facilitating communication, networking, and CPD opportunities. In November 2022, over 1600 in-person attendees gathered at ACC Liverpool, where CrowdComms partnered with event organisers to provide an event badging solution alongside our event app and community tech.
Ensure a smooth experience for attendees and speakers amidst jam-packed session schedules and a significant turnout. Deliver a friendly and efficient support process for last-minute arrivals, misplaced entry emails, and attendee switches.
Event organisers also needed a kiosk solution that could seamlessly sync with additional event tech.
What We Did:
- Provided an onsite team to handle kiosk queries. While our kiosks processed attendees’ entry in moments, our onsite team helped attendees with on-the-day ticketing and other curlier queries that needed a little more time and attention.
- Delivered an end-to-end event tech solution. A seamless and secure transfer of data from the kiosks to the event app not only gave event planners a more comprehensive account of event trends and patterns – it saved time and money by avoiding third-party add-ons.
- Made sure everyone accessed the event on time. With a busy session schedule, our kiosks had to process and print 1,600 badges quickly and reliably so that speakers and attendees were ready and relaxed ahead of the very first session.
What They Said:
“The kiosks worked brilliantly, and the CrowdComms team quickly became part of our team.”
Functionality and Sustainability
For over 15 years, the simplySUMMIT event has emphasised the pivotal role of internal communications. The 2021 event discussions focused on trust-building within organisations and its relationship with internal communications, hybrid working, and the utilisation of automation for internal communications. Framing these discussions were wider social considerations such as improving diversity and inclusion and environmental impact.
With communication as the central theme, simplySummit event planners needed a badge solution that would facilitate networking and dialogue between attendees. A commitment to sustainability and eco-options was particularly important, with organisers keen to demonstrate responsible practices around waste reduction.
What We Did:
- Minimised paper and plastic waste. Our paper-free check-in process is entirely digital. QR codes were sent via email and scanned at our touch-free badge-printing kiosks. This meant attendees could enjoy a paper and plastic-free event entry.
- Supported inclusions with intuitive user experience and onsite support. CrowdComms’ kiosks are designed for a fast and simple scanning experience. Attendees at simplySummit had the option to type in their details or scan a QR code. Onsite team members were on hand to help anyone who needed additional assistance.
What They Said:
“We were entirely plastic and paper-free in terms of badging. We are a BIG fan of the CrowdComms’ scanner badge functionality!”
Seamless Registration and Customised Badging
Advancing Prefabrication is the foremost thought leadership conference in North America dedicated to exploring prefabrication and manufacturing methods across the architecture, engineering, and construction supply chain.
In April 2022, the Phoenix Convention Center in Arizona welcomed 1,000 attendees eager to engage with peers, access specialised educational content, and participate in hands-on workshops.
Advancing Prefabrication’s primary goal was to unite professionals within the industry. Professionalism and brand alignment were key factors for the planners. They needed a fleet of badging kiosks that would set the tone for the rest of the event by showcasing event branding and delivering impeccable service.
What We Did
- Delivered amazing-looking kiosks to the event venue. CrowdComms has a U.S.-based kiosk stock ready to be despatched to events around the country. We managed packing and transport to ensure every kiosk arrived at the event venue in pristine condition.
- Created an impressive first impression. Our super-fast and contactless kiosks were fully branded with custom digital on-screen graphics and panel decals.
- Supported the service with an onsite team: CrowdComms’ support service is truly global. We provided a full onsite team to the Arizona event venue to support the registration and check-in process.
What They Said:
“We love the kiosks! A customisable badge with full-colour printing is tough to find in the market.”
CrowdComms’ badge-printing kiosks combined with our expert onsite support team ensure event registration and check-in is smooth, fast, and professional. Our flexible service delivery means that we adapt our kiosk solutions to meet the needs of every individual event – no matter where it is in the world.